Friday, February 7, 2014

Well, Stupid Might Be Appropriate


So, about yesterday's post...what on earth could have led to my deliberations on the the word "stupid"? Well...

As I have griped about before in my posts Why Did the Mean Mommy Cross the Road? and Mean Mommy vs Stupid Driver, I have a problem with drivers who don't slow down when I am walking the kiddo to school.

The other day, the kiddo picked up on my frustration when multiple drivers refused to even slow down as we were waiting for a chance to cross the street on our way to school in the morning. She picked the strongest word out of her arsenal--you guessed it--stupid, even though I didn't use that word myself. As I mentioned, I think that word is pretty tame. It's not even a curse word at all, but then, some people seem to feel that way about the "F" word. Fine. I don't want my kiddo to be known as the 1st grade potty mouth, so I decided to nip that in the bud.

"No, honey. Their problem isn't that they are stupid. Their problem is that they are rude, inconsiderate, definitely NOT concerned about safety and completely unaware of the rule that pedestrians have the right of way."

Distracted driving is a serious hazard.    Not stopping for pedestrians on school property is not acceptable--even when there isn't a crosswalk.

OK, f*** it. Maybe they're just stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment