Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Stupid Is as Stupid Does

While leaving the school with the kiddo after pickup, I heard a little boy (Kindergarten or maybe even preschool age) adamantly denounce something as "stupid". Several times. I know that some people have a big problem with the word stupid, referring to is as "the 's' word" and not allowing it to be said in their house. I'm not quite so offended by it (uh, there is another 's' word, you know, which is a bit worse), but I don't want to hear it from my kiddo, so I wanted to show her that I disapprove--before she even thinks of saying it.

Now, you know that I'm always ready and willing to challenge bad behavior, not that this was that bad, so I told the boy "Oh, I don't like the word 'stupid'. It's not very nice to say that". He looked at me like I was crazy. I should have said "Santa doesn't like that word. You better not say it anymore or he might skip your house". Bahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment