Friday, February 1, 2013

Going 'Round in Circles

Family Track Time at the gym! Ideally, this is for moms with kids in strollers or older kids who want to be fit. However, since today was yet another snow day and my goal was to go to the gym every day this week, there we were. The people who didn't realize that it was Family Track Time and were irritated need to get over it. The other people, however...they either think that I am a super-diligent mommy or a raving maniac. Here's why:

The kiddo was excited and thrilled to go to the upstairs part of the gym and hang out with me and see where I do zumba, kickboxing, etc. She was also a bit out of control--wandering in front of other people, doing cartwheels on the track, stopping in mid-stride to watch the basketball game on the court below...Every 31.8 seconds I was saying something to the effect of "move over!" or "get out of her way!" or "get up!". I thought that one lap around the track was interminable when I was trying to run. Walking with the kiddo was another story entirely. Eight laps later and I was exhausted.

Some good did come out of this adventure, though, and I'm glad we went. First, I met my goal of going to the gym every day this week. The kiddo wasn't bored on her snow day, and she got to see where I spend a lot of my time (and I let her punch the bag--she's got a great hook!). Lastly, the kiddo should get a very good night's sleep.

(And for the record, the cartwheels she did on the track were awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment