Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

It was time for me to start my post for tomorrow, and I was griping to hubby that I didn't know what to write about. He looked at me as if I had grown an extra head, and said, "You don't know what to write about for Valentine's Day?". OK, I get the point. Valentine's Day is all about love, and love is the inspiration for all of my Mean Mommy decisions. If I didn't love my kiddo, I would stuff her mouth full of junk food to keep her happy, and then shove her in front of the TV all day to get out of dealing with her. I wouldn't care whether  she got enough fresh fruits and vegetables. I wouldn't make her be clean and groomed and presentable, and I certainly wouldn't waste my time and energy making sure she had cute clothes to wear. If I didn't love my little girl, there wouldn't be framed photos of her all over my house. I would settle for DVDs instead of books, and if she had books, I certainly wouldn't waste my time reading them to her. I wouldn't show her what good manners look like; I would just slap her if she appeared rude. Heck, I'd slap her silly any time she didn't do what I told her to.

Good thing I love my kiddo. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone, and be sure to show your kids how much you love them (even if that means cutting them off when they've had too much sugar).

No comments:

Post a Comment