Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Making of a Serial Killer? Or Just a Jerk?


You know how I love to share good articles, right? A friend shared Kids Who Hurt Animals Need Better Parents with me, and I'm sharing it with you. I think the author makes a great point; lazy parenting is not OK. Mistreating animals is not OK. And, people who hurt animals suck. Well, the last point is mine, but are you gonna disagree with me?

At the end of the article, the author asks, "Do you ever say something to a kid trying to hurt an animal? What about the parent?"  I actually have done both. Long before I had my kiddo, I chased some neighbor kids through the woods yelling at them because one of them had shot a rabbit on another neighbor's property very near my house. I was concerned about them hunting near my property, since I had a cat that was allowed outside. And, OK, the loser  was swinging the rabbit around by the ears. And I wasn't 100% certain it was dead. I talked to the dad, and he said that it was OK because he hunted small game, too. Yeah, Big Man With Big Penis Kill Bunny.


No comments:

Post a Comment