Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Good Bleeping Morning!

Last night, hubby let the kiddo stay up "late"--later than usual for her, anyway--to watch the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance. They had started this ritual over the summer (when staying up late didn't pose a problem), so there was no way he could get out letting her watch the most important episode. I was a bit worried that this extra half hour or so (she didn't get to see the whole show) would have dire repercussions this morning, so I told him that he would be in charge of getting her up and dressed in the morning, since she would surely protest...and boy did she protest.

The kiddo was more or less coherent when I went in to tell her good morning, but she just rolled over and pulled the covers over her head. I picked her up and hugged her, but she wanted to snuggle with me, not get dressed. Then, she didn't like any of her clothing options. At that point, hubby resorted to yelling at her and threatening to call the doctor since she must be sick to be acting that way. I told him "good luck", got my morning tea, and started writing this post.

The kiddo came in a few minutes later, fully awake, calm, and in clothes of her own choosing. Her t-shirt is from last year and a little short, and her skort isn't weather-appropriate; she is going to be chilly on her way to school, but I'm mean enough to let her learn that the hard way. As for the hubby, he can be mean when he needs to be, too. I'm proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment