Thursday, May 9, 2013

10 Things I Want for Mother's Day


Dearest Daughter,

Mother's Day is coming up, and I know I will be asked what I would like for a Mother's Day present. I also know that you and Daddy will disregard my answer: hugs and kisses and a hand-made card are all I need. After all, I have the best family I could hope for. I want to thank you for giving me a reason to celebrate Mother's Day. I don't need the flowers and candy and breakfast in bed and jewelry that are associated with this special day, but, if you're up for it, there are a few things you could do that would make me happy:

1. Be happy. Don't let others make you feel bad about yourself.

2. Be enough. Your interests, actions and dreams are what make you unique. Don't take on someone else's if they don't inspire you.

3. Be curious. Don't stop learning.

4. Be strong. Sometimes things are hard, unpleasant, or sad. Keep going.

5. Be loving. Care for your family, friends, and nature, but be sure to save some love for yourself.

6. Be healthy. Mind, body and spirit.

7. Be honest. Little white lies are one thing, but never lie to yourself.

8. Be forgiving of others and of yourself.

9. Be confident in who you are and what you believe.

10. Be yourself. I love you the way you used to be, the way you are now, and the way you will turn out to be.

I hope you see that everything I do, whether I'm loving, silly, impatient or "mean", is to help you to be all these things...and much, much more.

XOXO,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment