Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clarifying and Asking For Help!


Last night, hubby duly read my post (not that I force him to, of course) and didn't get the title. I was surprised that he wasn't familiar with the taunt "I see London, I see France, I see .....'s underpants". Is this a Yankee thing? (Did he never hear it because he went commando as a kid?) If you are scratching your head in confusion along with him, I am sorry. And I'll try really hard not to make fun of you...

Here's the scoop; it seems to be more of a northern thing, dating from the middle of last century:
http://www.playgroundjungle.com/2009/12/i-see-london-i-see-france.html

Apparently, there is an episode of 90210 with that phrase in the title (I wasn't interested enough to investigate further). And I swear it was mentioned in an episode of  Friends...help me out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment