Monday, January 28, 2013

Succes at the Grocery Store!

Yesterday, the kiddo and I went to the grocery store. She was in desperate need of new crayons for school and I agreed to get some for her. However, there was a catch: if she cooperated with me, she could get the 24-count box like most of the other kids at school have. If she gave me any trouble, however, I would downgrade the crayon box to the basic 8-count. Any serious behavioral issues would result in NO crayons. My awesome kiddo really took this to heart and was very helpful in the store (maybe a bit too helpful, but her intentions were good). When we were checking out and it was time to pay, the kiddo insisted on paying for our groceries with her money, and got upset when I took out my credit card. So, I "let" her buy our food, with the cooperation of the cashier (and some distraction so that the cashier could pass the cash back to me). I know that this wasn't a good lesson in money management--seriously, $100.00 worth of groceries for $2.57...I'm gonna have to figure out how to explain that so that she understands the value of money. But, the fact that she wanted to contribute and buy our groceries--what a sweetheart!


No comments:

Post a Comment