Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Missing Teens: A Mean Mom Didn't Go Far Enough

I just read this article on Yahoo news, and I think the mom's idea is genius. The gist of the article is that two teenage boys got busted by the police for breaking their curfew, and the mom of one of them tried to ensure that they would not try to sneak out again:

 "This is going to sound really stupid, but I took all the shoes downstairs and put them in a bag and took them up to my room, thinking if I had the boys' shoes, they couldn't go out and go skateboarding again," she said.

 Unfortunately, they found some boots in the garage and snuck out to meet up with two teenage girls they met online. So, the shoe idea would have totally worked if the mom had thought of the boots in the garage. I guess she didn't realize how determined the boys were. I hope I never have to resort to such drastic action, but I commend this woman's thinking.

The boys stopped at a store and asked to use the phone; an employee let them, on the condition that they use speakerphone. Good thinking! He was able to glean a bit of information about their plans.

The two boys and two teenage girls they met up with are still missing; I am including the link to the Yahoo article in case you want all the details. And, if by chance you know where they are, please be mean, ruin their fun, and turn them in!

Read the entire article here: http://gma.yahoo.com/four-teens-missing-xbox-romance-233811767--abc-news-topstories.html

No comments:

Post a Comment