Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today's Tantrum is Brought to You by the Letter 'S', the Number '8', the Hershey Corporation and The Cartoon Network


Today's tantrum is brought to you courtesy of the letter 'S', the number '8', the Hershey Corporation and The Cartoon Network.

On the way home from school, the kiddo informed me that she was going to have candy while she was watching cartoons. I was shocked at her audacity and said "um, no". Cut to the wailing, stomping, flinging herself about until she said in a small voice "I want Mommy".

I held the kiddo and cuddled her while she cried intermittently, then surprised me by saying "I can't write an '8'". Huh? I remembered that she has a bit of trouble writing the letter 'S', and wondered aloud if writing an '8' was like writing an 'S'. She emphatically agreed and started sobbing again, and said that was the real reason she was crying. Again, huh? I asked the kiddo if she wanted to practice writing '8' and 'S', but she wasn't interested. She cried a bit more and I comforted and snuggled her until she fell asleep on my lap. When she woke up, she was almost back to normal.

Hmmm...was the number/letter drama a clever attempt by the kiddo to cover up her ugly behavior? Or was she really upset about her writing skills? I am suspicious, but ready and willing to help her practice her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment